Key West Real Estate
Key West is the southernmost point in the continental United States and is often considered the crown jewel of the Florida Keys. Known for its vibrant culture, historic landmarks, and lively nightlife, Key West offers a plethora of activities for all types of visitors.
Fun Things to Do in Key West:
- Visit Mallory Square: This is the place to be for the famous Key West sunset celebration. Street performers, artists, and food vendors gather here every evening.
- Duval Street: Known for its bars, shops, and galleries, Duval Street is the main drag for shopping and nightlife. Don’t miss the “Duval Crawl,” where you can sample drinks from various bars along the street.
- Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum: A must-visit for literature fans, this is where the famous writer lived for about a decade. The six-toed cats that roam the property are descendants of Hemingway’s own pets.
- Snorkeling and Diving: The coral reefs around Key West are some of the most beautiful in the world. Many operators offer snorkeling and diving trips.
- Conch Tour Train: This is a fun way to see the island and learn about its history. The train takes you through Old Town and other key landmarks.
- Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory: A peaceful and beautiful place to see hundreds of butterflies, birds, and even flamingos.
- Fort Zachary Taylor Historic State Park: This park offers a nice beach and snorkeling opportunities, along with a Civil War-era fort that you can explore.
- Sailing and Water Sports: From parasailing to jet skiing, there are plenty of water-based activities to enjoy.
- Dry Tortugas National Park: Accessible only by boat or seaplane, this park is known for its stunning coral reefs and the historic Fort Jefferson.
- Tasting Key Lime Pie: No visit to Key West is complete without trying this famous dessert. Many places claim to have the best version, so you might just have to try a few!
The real estate market in Key West is as diverse as its activities, ranging from historic Conch houses in Old Town to luxurious waterfront estates. Given its popularity as a tourist destination, there’s also a robust market for vacation rentals.
Dining in Key West offers something for everyone, from casual seafood shacks to high-end restaurants. The cuisine is influenced by various cultures, including Cuban and Caribbean.
In summary, Key West is a bustling, energetic island that offers a wide range of activities, cultural experiences, and dining options. It’s a place where you can be as relaxed or as active as you want to be.